Emergency School Closures
The Headteacher will normally decide whether the school should be closed due to unforeseen circumstances – for example, adverse weather conditions or a failure in essential services.
The school will make best efforts to inform parents as follows:
- Every effort will be made to ensure that there is a member of the school staff on site
- Information will be published on Radio Norfolk (95.1) and Heart Radio Norfolk (102.4)
- Parents will be informed using the Pupil Asset text/email service
- Information will be posted on the school website – www.acleprimary.norfolk.sch.uk/home
- Information will be posted on the Norfolk County Council website – http://www.schoolclosures.norfolk.gov.uk/
- If your child arrives at school alone we will use emergency contact details to inform you that the school is closed.
Closure during the school day
It may sometimes be necessary for the school to be closed during the school day, for example if an essential service fails. In this instance parents will be informed by e-mail and text using the Pupil Asset service. No child would be sent home unless parents have been contacted.
It is vital that you keep your mobile phone number up to date on Pupil Asset, as well as advising the school office of any change of contact details.