Vision and Aims
The School’s Background
Acle St Edmund C of E Primary School was founded by the Church of England in 1860 to educate the children of the village of Acle. This continues to be our central purpose, and we welcome children of all faiths and none, from within our catchment area and beyond. We maintain close links with the parish church of St Edmund as well as the the local Methodist Church. We aim to provide an education of the highest quality and, through the experiences we offer to all our children, seek to support them in developing their own moral, spiritual and ethical standpoint.
The school’s vision and ethos
“From a tiny seed…. all things are possible”
At Acle St Edmund C of E Primary school we believe that every child can succeed and flourish, no matter what their starting point may be, within a nurturing environment which is rooted in the core Christian values of Hope, Trust, Respect and Compassion. The staff and pupils at Acle Primary have taken inspiration from the parable of the mustard seed (Matthew 12:31), in which the smallest of all seeds grows into a fully formed tree, full of life, welcoming to all and outward looking.
Our ambition is that every child, whilst at the school, will be provided with the knowledge, skills and experiences which will enable them to blossom during their time here and be ready for the next stage of their journey. We work to support every child as they grow emotionally, academically and spiritually and as a school, we serve the children, their families and our community to do this.
Our vision is rooted to our established school motto:
Learn More, Think More, Be More.
At Acle we create the right conditions for children to grow and to be open to learning more:
Through fostering positive, caring relationships and a supportive environment we aim to create a culture with high expectations where children embrace the joy, awe and wonder of learning. We create a supportive environment based on respect, trust, compassion and hope. We celebrate challenge and excellence and reward effort and persistence! We aim to provide the very best social, emotional and mental health support to all our children.
At Acle we build knowledge so children can think more and remember more:
Through a well sequenced, coherent knowledge based curriculum we aim to activate hard thinking so children remember more.
At Acle we explore possibilities so we can be more:
We create opportunities for children to meet their God-given potential in many different ways, developing confidence in themselves and celebrating their own uniqueness and self-worth. We encourage each child to ‘dream big’, live life in all its fullness and to use their gifts for the good of others.
We aim to:
- equip every child with an engaging, broad and balanced curriculum which provides the knowledge, skills and experiences to succeed in the 21st century;
- deliver a highly aspirational curriculum which provides opportunities for children to explore possibilities for their future with the belief that they can achieve their goals through hard work and determination;
- provide an appreciation of the local area and community together with an awareness of, and openness towards, the diversity and differences within our country and the world;
- provide a highly nurturing, safe and supportive environment which empowers every child to learn, grow and flourish whilst showing consideration, respect and compassion for others;
- provide opportunities for children to engage with high-quality tests across all aspects of the curriculum and develop a rich vocabulary to support their learning of the world;
- have high expectations of every child and value them as individuals whilst having strong, meaningful links with parents, carers and the local community.